Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.

Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.
quote by: Elder Jeffrey Holland

Advantages of one child


 The other day I had to go into the city for an orthodontist appointment at the University of Penn. I decided to ride the train instead of deal with crazy traffic and even crazier parking.  It was cheaper for me to buy the all day ticket for the train. I sat and watched all the passengers, play on their cool smart phones wishing I had one. I tried to read, but just got sick, so I decided to stare out the window and think. I was grateful Shawn had a late shift so he could stay home with Kanyin and have some daddy daughter time. I then thought about how I was about spend a lot of money to put my mouth through torture. That was depressing, so I thought about how much Kanyin LOVES trains. We live right next to the train station, so whenever she hears trains, she says "choo choo!" I thought about how I should be a cool mom and bring Kanyin on a train ride since I had the all day train ticket. It seemed crazy to do that for fun. I would probably end up fighting her to sit still, which made me think about plane rides I have had with Kanyin by myself. I didn't want to cry so I thought positively and how a train ride for fun would be so much harder with multiple children (no I'm no pregnant). It was then I decided I need to take advantage of this time of having one child. Later that afternoon, Kanyin and I went on an adventure. She was soo excited to be at the train station. She just starred at all the trains. When we were on the train, she couldn't contain her excitement. She would just cover her mouth and giggle. She would also say hi to everyone in sight. She would say it over and over until the other person said hi in return. We rode the train to Reading Terminal Market. One of my favorite places. So much food to try and the atmosphere is fun to experience. The train ride home was of course during rush hour in a very packed train with the stroller. That was exciting. Overall it was a success. I wish Kanyin could remember these things, but at least I will remember. There you have it, my thought process and our trip on the train.

Someone is excited to get on the train.




No comments:

Post a Comment