Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.

Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.
quote by: Elder Jeffrey Holland

Easter

We had a great Easter this year. Shawn had Good Friday off, so we decided that going to the temple would be a good thing to do.  We haven't been to the Manhattan Temple yet, so we decide to make the trip with our friends the Adams.  The city is so busy with every taxi honking etc, but once you walk into the temple it is so peaceful and quiet. You can't hear any of the outside world! I am so glad we were able to go and hope we can make it to the temple more often. 
Saturday we had an easter egg hunt with some friends from church. Kanyin was unsure about collecting eggs, but she sure did like jelly beans. I have to say it was an improvement from last year. I still can't believe how much she has grown in a year. 
Sunday was a spiritually uplifting day for me. It can be hard to get something out of church when you are fighting a one year old the whole time, but this last Sunday was different. When I think about what the Savior has done for all of us, it is overwhelming. I am very grateful that we will be able to have eternal life because of Jesus Christ. We finished up the weekend with an Easter dinner with our Bishop and his family.

Can you believe this? Why do babies have to grow so fast??
Photographer Shawn is getting pretty good :)
My attempt at making jello eggs. I could not find an egg mold, so I substituted by using plastic eggs. It worked ok :) This little project was more time consuming then I was hoping, but at least they look cool! I have to be honest, while I was staying up till the wee hours of the morning doing this, I was thinking of President Uchtdorf's talk  about what matters most and that it is not the most important thing to stay up to finish your daughter's hair bow. Being a little drowsy Easter Sunday because of jello eggs, I am sure is justified. :)
So many places to find eggs! Thanks for coming everyone. Super fun having a get together



The Temple fits right in




Ayla and Kanyin chilling in Central Park. I didn't realize how awesome and huge Central Park is. We are definitely going back there.  

Now there are two cool dads

                                              Rockefeller Center. Instead of a Christmas tree there was a HUGE easter bunny 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful time! How fun to live so close to NYC.

    ReplyDelete