Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.

Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.
quote by: Elder Jeffrey Holland

Kanyin is 2

Kanyin turned two on Feb 25th! She kept singing happy birthday to herself all day. She has started calling herself "kan kan" which is so cute! Her and I were in Colorado for a week right before her birthday, so we had a little party with my family and then we got back into town at 2 in the morning on her birthday. Last time she will fly for free :( That is heartbreaking. Her and I both slept in till like 10am that morning and had a little party for her that night. It was a fun day. Here is my letter to her this year.

Dear Kanyin May,
You turned two on the 25th of February, and I am just getting around to writing your letter. I am currently sitting in the rocking chair in your room, while you are playing with your babies. You love playing with them. You love having them wrapped up in your blankets and when they become unwrapped, you get so upset and demand help. I feel like I am rewrapping a baby every two minutes.
We went to your two year old check-up the other day and oh boy do you hate doctors! As soon as we walk into the office, you know where you are. The nurse came out and called your name to come back and you walked to the exit door and said “bye bye.” It took two nurses and me to hold you down just to get your height! Like the doctor said, you are “strong spirited.” That is for sure. You have definitely figured out that you have a mind of your own and when you want something your way, you will fight to the end! You have thrown some pretty amazing temper tantrums in the store, airport, and park many more. 
Even with your strong personality, you can be the sweetest two year old around. You always say thank you and give hugs and kisses. Sometimes if I have a sad face, you will come to me with a concerned look and ask, “u k mama??” It melts my heart every time. Whenever people ask what your name is, you always point to yourself and say “kan kan.” Because of that we have started calling you kan kan. You are just so so cute!
You are talking up a storm and LOVE to sing! You are always singing songs or songs you make up. The other day you sang I am a Child of God, all by yourself. You also love ring around the rosies and three little monkeys sitting in a tree. Dora still happens to be on your top list of shows to watch. You are glued to the TV every time you watch it. Cinderella is another favorite right now. You love to get into a certain pink church dress that is your “Cinderella dress” and you hold the front of the dress up and walk around and take bows.
You have been on lots of planes this last year, with Aunt Raveen’s wedding, Christmas, our rotation in St. George and we went to Colorado for Meysa’s school break and a wedding. You LOVE Aunt “Eysa” You two just play all day when you are together. This last time in Colorado, I left you overnight for the first time, so I could go to Utah to take some wedding pictures and you did so good. Since traveling so much you are in love with airplanes. You can spot them in the sky even if they are as small as a pin head. You get so excited. You are also in love with ice. You love to chew, lick it etc. Whenever you see icicles hanging from a car, you love to break them off and lick them like a Popsicle. Gross!! You throw a HUGE tantrum whenever you see one and I refuse to let you have it. It is for your own good. Most often they are black and nasty!
You are a pretty big scaredy cat. You are not a big fan of swimming or sledding or even slides (the small ones you are okay with). We went sledding while in Colorado and you just cried and cried. I forced you to down with me once and that was the end of it. I don’t think you will be going sky diving anytime soon. Your dad is good at toughing you up though. You two love to play wrestle. You also love to play horse and chase with your dad.
I thank Heavenly Father every day for spending you to us. You bring so much love into our family. I hope we can both survive the “terrible twos” together and make the happiest memories. I love you so much and I am grateful you can call me mama.
Love,

Your Mom

newborn Kanyin

2 year old Kanyin

More of Kanyin's 2 year photo shoot is on my photography blog at:
http://torreyphotography.blogspot.com/2014/03/kanyin-is-2.html

Party in Colorado with "Bapa, Jacha, and aunt Eysa"




She was so excited to get a backpack like Dora

Shawn made her some furniture to go with her house

It's not a birthday party till Shawn plays with the new toys

Happy Birthday Kanyin!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kan Kan Sparkles, and boy those baby blues do sparkle. I can't believe how big she has gotten.
    Happy Birthday from Pat and Ramona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she's already TWO! She is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun/sweet letter you wrote. What a great idea! She and Dawson sound like they might be related. :) He is very sweet yet very strong-willed and stubborn, too. He also LOVES to sing songs and dance too! He LOVES airplanes, too! When I am running my million errands around town or taking the kids some place, he looks out the van window and points out every single "plane!" that he sees. We live right by the Caldwell Airport so we see lots of them all the time. He also loves to play wrestle with his dad and siblings. Those are just a few I can remember....What a fun age! She is a cutie. It's crazy how fast time goes. Kinda sad, actually. It seems like I was just prego with Dawson and he'll be 2 in May. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete