Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.

Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.
quote by: Elder Jeffrey Holland

Easter

Easter is such a great holiday! I often find myself thinking more about all the suffering the Savior had to go through then the happiness of the resurrection. This year I really focused on the resurrection and I had such great feelings of gratitude for what the Savior has done for us. We are able to live happy lives because we know this isn't the end. We have Christ to thank for that. To thank him, we need to live the way he would want us to live. I have much to improve on, but I hope to continually be a better person. I found this awesome video on lds.org for Easter.
http://lds.org/pages/his-sacred-name-an-easter-declaration?lang=eng&query=easter+video


On my mission we had a photographer Mark Mabry displayed his "Reflections of Christ" photographs at the Temple Visitors Center. His goal was to depicted the life of the Savior through photography. Being a photographer, I fell in love with them right away. This one below is one of my favorites. 



Shawn and I enjoyed our Easter together.  The "Easter Bunny" hid jelly beans all over the house and I had to go around and find them all. The Easter bunny also got me a hanging plant called  "Bridal Veil wondering Jew" it does well in the south with lots of humidity. We will see how well it does in Rexburg. It is already started to bud. I am very excited about it. Shawn has a few nieces that go to school here at BYU-Idaho. Shawn is the youngest of nine, so that is why that is possible. We had Jana and Abby, two of the nieces over for Easter dinner. We colored eggs afterwards and had so much fun! Shawn thought that if you sqeeze an egg as hard as you can, it won't break. I tried to tell him that you have to sqeeze it end for end. He didn't believe me at the time. He went ahead and sqeezed a RAW egg and sure enough...Torrey was right...therefore, the egg went all over the kitchen! We had a good laugh out of it. :)
The Easter bunny knows that chocolate is a love of mine  :)

Jana and Abbey ready to eat!

This is before Shawn did his little "experiment"  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment