Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.

Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.
quote by: Elder Jeffrey Holland

Spiders vs. Torrey


I love all of the trees and green you see here on the east coast, but the only down side is there are alot more bugs etc. I understand that it is starting to get cold and everyone and everything wants to be warm, but I am just struggling with sharing my warm cozy apartment with nasty looking spiders. Just a few examples:   

I was sitting on the couch feeding the baby when all of a sudden a spider came crawling out from under me!! Poor Kanyin thought I was having a heart attack. 
Another time, I went to grab a tissue to wipe Kanyin's poor little nose and when I pulled the tissue out from the box, surprise..there was another little spider friend. 
The real battle has been between me and the spider in my kitchen window. One day I noticed a very well designed spider web on the window ledge. I didn't want to stare at it while doing the dishes so I wiped it away. A few days later to my surprise it was back! I thought to myself that this is a very sneaky little guy, because I have yet to see him. I decided I would trick it and put a sticky trap on the ledge...hehehehe. The next morning I went to the window, excited to see what kind of clever spider it was. To my surprise, there was as web built around the sticky trap!! I have to say I was impressed.
Shawn says the next spider that he sees he is going to put it in a jar and make me carry it around all day, so I get over this fear. I guess we will see if it works. Moral of the story is I am not a huge fan of spiders, but I am grateful that we are mice free so far :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment