Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.

Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.
quote by: Elder Jeffrey Holland

Birthday Time

September is here once again, which means it is birthday month! Shawn took me to the Cheese Cake Factory for my birthday. I know..so fancy. We justified it saying that since both our birthdays are in September it would be "our" birthday dinner :) I turned 26 this year which was a hard one for me to swallow. I don't know why...I think because I feel like 30 is not that far away and that is just weird! 
Thank you to the Butlers for taking care of Kanyin for us while we went out. She is going through some separation anxiety right now, so they deserve a million bucks for dealing with that.

For two weeks, I was 26 and Shawn was 25. That is always a fun two weeks to give him a hard time. He always turns it around and says I will turn 50 first, then 60 first and so on...which he does have a point.
We started his day off with breakfast in bed. That was fun to watch since he didn't have his contacts in and there was a squirmy 7 month old helping him. I didn't realize Shawn was so blind till I asked him if we was going to eat his egg and he said, "there's an egg on here!" 
His birthday was on a Sunday so breakfast in bed was short and sweet, then off to church. After church we had a yummy dinner and then had friends over for cake and ice cream.  




Breakfast in bed for the birthday boy!

Kanyin loved helping her Dad open his presents. Actually she just thought the newspaper tasted good

26 candles!!

The birthday celebration ended in some bedtime stories

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TORREY AKA SPARKLES
    So good to see your smiling faces, we
    have missed you so much. We are so happy for you. What a cute baby. Are you homesick yet. A big difference from Idaho to PA.
    I hope we can get together soon.
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ramona! I read your blog post about the Relief Society broadcast. I loved what you said. I felt the same way. I was so uplifted when after listening to it.

    ReplyDelete