Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.

Hope on. Journey on. Fan the flame of your faith.
quote by: Elder Jeffrey Holland

Moving across the USA

P.A. (Physicians Assistant) School is very competitive right now. Shawn applied to six schools and we didn't really think that much would come of it since it was later in the year to apply etc. Last December, Shawn got an email from Salus University in Philadelphia wanting an interview. We were so excited! Once he got to Philly is when they told him that they already filled all the seats for the class, these interviews were to get onto the "stand by" list per say. That was a bummer when we found that out and we lost hope of our chances. After much prayer we decided that if we didn't get into P.A. school, we would stay in Rexburg for another year since we both has good jobs and Shawn could build up patient hours and apply again for the following year. Of course you plan out your life and then usually Heavenly Father has other ideas. :) Well, in late May, Shawn got an email for Salus saying a spot opened up and they offered him a spot in the Fall 2012 class! We were both nervous since we had our minds set on staying in Rexburg, and moving across the country away from our families with a new baby made us sad. At the same time we felt extremely blessed and knew this path was for us. Moving across the country is expensive! We stored some of our things at Shawn's parents house and decided just to bring our essentials. So we packed up and off we went. Of course we turned our move into an awesome trip across the country. It was so neat to see all the different states and meet so many people. I decided to make a movie out of our little adventure. I have to apologive, because after I finished the video and watched it, I thought to myself, "wow that is alot of video of our baby!" We just love her so much though I can't help it. I am so glad we did get some good documentation so we can show this to her when she is older.


4 comments:

  1. I had no idea you guys moved. So adventurous:) Your video just made me smile the whole time. I've always admired your positive attitude Torrey and it shows in your sweet little family too. Good luck back East!! (jealous kind of:)
    p.s. what did you use to make your movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica and Brooke! Oh I miss you guys. I was so sad when it was mission reunion time. We haven't been in awhile and I missed it. We are loving the east. IF you guys ever want to visit, let me know!
    I used imovie to make the movie. If you have a mac it is a pretty easy program to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this!! It made it actually seem fun...almost like I want to do a road trip. Almost. :) Miss you over here! ~Heidi Potter

    ReplyDelete